SUGGESTED STUDY METHOD
Here is my STRONG suggestion of how best for you to proceed:
Begin at Chapter 1.
- Read the goals for that chapter from the suggested text if there is such information.
- Read the first section of chapter 1 in the suggested text.
- Study the on-line text, the on-line "Help" material, and the suggested text.
- Try working the homework problems for that section of the chapter. First
try to work them without looking back at any of the text. If you have to search
the book for a similar example to a homework problem and just try to copy
the new numbers into the example, you are not studying properly. If you find
that you can't work the homework problem without any assistance, then you
have found out that you don't understand some concept so you need to review
that concept. If you really understand the concepts then you can work any
problem. Homework problems then are a check on your concept knowledge.
- If you can't answer all of the homework problems, study the section again, ask questions on a class bulletin board, e-mail other class members, e-mail the professor, go to a departmental tutor, etc.
- After you are able to answer all of the review questions go to the next section of Chapter 1 and follow the same procedure as for the first section.
- After you have finished all of the chapter and the homework problems, take a quiz for that chapter, if one is available. If you score at least 80 on this quiz, you are ready to go to the next chapter. If you don't score at least 80 on the quiz, then you need to go back over the material corresponding to the missed questions.
Continue through the remaining chapters using the same procedure.
Web Author: Dr. Leon L. Combs
Copyright �2012 by Dr. Leon L. Combs - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED